Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back To School Letter to Parents

August 9, 2012

Dear Parents,

Welcome to fourth grade!  I am so excited about having your child in my class this year.  It will be a very busy and exciting year.  We will learn many new things.  God has blessed me in so many ways and being your child’s teacher is one of them.  First, your child will grow spiritually, as we learn about His word, through scripture memorization and Bible skills taught in class.  Next, your child will grow academically as we study math, science, health, language, geography, social studies, reading, and penmanship together.  Last, your child will grow socially as they mature in their relationships with their peers.

I do not take my job lightly and I hope that your child will be challenged to do their best this year.  Teaching is a blessing and privilege, as well as a tremendous responsibility.  I will do my best this year to ensure that each student has a motivating and challenging classroom.  However, I cannot do this alone: I will need your help.  We both will partner in their learning process.  I need you to encourage your child, by checking to see that homework is completed each night, signing their agenda daily, and helping them to study for quizzes and tests, if necessary.  I will keep you informed on my blog website: fullington4thgrade.blogspot.com.  My blog site will replace the paper newsletter sent home in the previous years.  It will be a great resource for you and your child.  You will find spelling list, homework help, and educational websites to assist in your child’s learning process. Daily homework assignments and tests can be found on renweb.com, our school communications program.

Please take time to review the information and forms that are included in this packet and return to me on Monday, August 13, 2012.


Blessings,
"Miss" Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment